Conditioners are beauty products that are used to coat outer cuticle of hair to provide them protection from environmental effects. They are also meant for shiny hair and prevent hair from tangling and breaking. There is a wide range of conditioners available in market for different hair types. Select best suitable conditioner for your hair by consulting your hair stylist.
Using too much conditioner is over-conditioning that is not good for hair’s health. Usually people take globes of conditioner and apply it from roots to tips of hair. Mostly people don’t know that conditioner is best suitable for three inches of hair shaft. Over conditioned hair look limp and greasy and become difficult to style. Here are some useful tips to avoid over conditioning of hair. To prevent lifeless and limp hair follow the tips mentioned below:
- Squeeze your hair gently after shampooing to remove excess water from hair. This way your hair will better absorb the conditioner.
- Pour conditioner on your palm. Amount you should take will depend on length of your hair.
- Rub your palms together to spread conditioner.
- Apply conditioner only on hanging part of your hair. Make it sure to apply conditioner only on the tips of hair shaft.
- Let the conditioner stay on your hair for few seconds. 30 seconds is suitable time for dry hair to allow the conditioner on hair.
- Work with tangles using your fingers to apply conditioner thoroughly.
- Use warm water to rinse all conditioner from your hair. Make it sure that all conditioner is removed from your hair.
- Squeeze out water from your hair and use towel to blot moisture from your hair. Don’t rub your hair with towel.