Every beauty treatment shows its effects on health either positive or negative. Almost all cosmetics are manufactured using chemicals that affect skin and health. Using hair dye is becoming a trend and people opt for hair highlighting and hair color without thinking of its negative effects. Many people are interested in changing color of their hair using hair dyes. Highlighting the hair is generally performed by using a bleaching agent on selected strands or the hair that can cause different harms to hair and skin. Here is short description on side effects of hair color:
- Skin irritation is one of the main problems caused by hair colors. Skin problems due to hair colors include burning sensation, itching, redness and discomfort. Stop using hair color if you find any of these problems with hair color you use. To prevent skin problems, you are advised to test hair color on small patch of your skin.
- An allergic reaction is also one of the side effects of hair colors. Usually hair colors/dyes contain allergic sensitizers like PPD and some other harsh chemicals that can cause itching and other allergic problems including swelling, scalp puffiness and difficulty in breathing. Some low quality hair colors also cause skin cancer, hay fever etc.
- Excess of everything is bad. Many people like to change their hair color within days to look stylish and trendy but they don’t care of their hair’s health. Excessive use of hair color and chemicals of hair dyes cause hair breakage. If you use hair color, you should use hair conditioner regularly.
- Hair, skin and nails need same type of proteins. While coloring, certain patches of discolored skin can develop that can be prevented with special care.
You are advised to use branded hair color product and follow all precautionary measures advised by manufacturer.
Bleaching is a process that changes color of unwanted hair on skin into skin color. Many women undergo this bleaching process to lighten hair color on their body. Bleaching process is not so difficult and mostly women perform it by themselves. Different bleaching kits are available in market. Every bleaching kit contains a bleach mixture in form of cream with an activator. To apply bleaching cream you need to mix suitable quantities of cream and activator in a non-metallic bowl. Before applying bleach cream on your skin, you should try on smaller part of your skin to check whether it is itching or irritating or not. If so then continue the bleaching process.
Bleaching is not suitable for all people specially people below 20. Bleaching has different side effects for people with less age. Here is information about harmful effects of bleaching on your skin if you are less than 20:
- If you are below 20 years, then you are not able to bear any chemical reactions on your skin. Bleaching creams contain peroxide related chemicals that can act harsh on your skin. Chemicals in bleach cream will react both positively and negatively on your skin. Its positive effect will be change in color of hair on your skin and negatively it will harm skill cells. If you feel positive effects then continue this process otherwise leave it.
- Bleaching causes intense itching that means bleach is working well. It is working positively if itching disappears after washing your face but it is very common in people that their skin becomes red, irritated, inflames and dark marks appear on their skin after washing bleach cream. People with such sensitive skin should avoid use of bleach cream.
- People with dark skin complexion will see a change in their skin after bleaching but this change is very temporary for few hours.
- Skin darkening can be one of the harmful effects of bleaching.
- Irritations and burns can appear on your skin after bleaching.
- You skin will be damaged if you keep for more than the time prescribed.
- Bleaching in age below 20 can also cause pimples on your skin if you practice this method often.
- It damages not only external part of your skin but your internal skin is also damaged.
Laser hair removal is one of the most common cosmetic procedures. Laser hair removal is a grooming option for over 30 years. People go to this option for removal of unwanted hair to get long lasting effects. Laser hair removal is considered effective for only darker hair and the hair removal option for lighter hair is electrolysis. Here is some informative discussion on side effects of laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal treatments have some side effects during the treatment and after the treatment. There may be near immediate reaction as skin becomes red and swollen just after the treatment and this swelling and redness can be alleviated with ice packs. In some cases localized blistering occurs around the hair follicles. If it happens so then antibiotics should be applied.
Allergic problems can be caused due to direct exposure to sun. Sunscreen should be used to prevent side effects. Different bacterial infections can also occur. Darkening or lightening of skin or tattoos can also occur. To prevent side effects of laser hair removal treatment, people should be very careful in selecting the consultant. Laser hair removal consultant must be licensed dermatologist and follow all precautionary measures.
Health is far more important than that of fashion and style. Many style conscious people adverse their health with their fashion and then just have to repent on what they have done. Many fashions and beauty treatments are bad for health like frequent hair dyeing and use of hair gadgets is not good for health of hair, excess use of cosmetics is bad for skin health same like these tattoos are also very harmful for human skin.
Many style conscious and fashion lovers affect their health badly with the tattoos they make on their skin. Here is very informative discussion on bad effects of tattoos that must be considered before you think to go to make tattoo. Tattoos are very painful and cause many diseases that are hard to cure.
Before you select a studio for making tattoo, visit several studios and select the best one that is up to the standards of health. Make it sure that the tattoo maker is using special medical machines and individual packaged needles to prevent infections.
Tattoos inks also cause infections therefore select best ink to make tattoos. It is seen that many people suffer from cancer that is very hard to detect and cure. It also causes hepatitis and very rarely HIV also. When you see that you are suffering from high fever after getting tattoos then never wait for next symptom. You should go for medical checkup promptly.
Getting a tattoo can be a big mistake. You can be trapped with severe health problems and it is costly too. Think long before you select a studio for getting tattoo and inquire in depth about its health and medical standards. It is good to follow other fashions that don’t affect health like using fashion accessories.