Nails care is very important for personal grooming. A women in very fancy dress and very carefully applied makeup but she has been careless about her nails. All of us should give special attention to our nails. Here I am going to share some essential tips for nails care that will definitely help you a lot.
- Give proper attention to your nails during saloon visits.
- Keep your nails short and file them on regular basis.
- Wear rubber gloves if you work with chemicals or water to prevent split peeling nails or allergic reactions of chemicals.
- Never use scissors to shape or cut your nails either they are infected or not.
- Use garlic on your nails if they are not growing well.
Follow These for Artificial Nails:
- Get artificial nails applied by some technician.
- Get your artificial nails manicured and refilled every two or three weeks.
- Use appropriate solutions to remove them.
Design Your Nails in This Way:
- Avoid using glue to apply artificial nails. Some people have a wrong concept that glue will not damage their nails if applied on coat of nail polish but it will damage.
- Let the last polish layer dry before you apply the next.
Follow these for Acrylic Nails:
- Make sure to keep your acrylic nails polished.
- Clean your nails before applying acrylic layer. If your nails have leftovers of old nail polish or cuticle oil then new layer will not apply itself properly.
- Use nail stick to remove acrylic layer from skin around the finger nail.
Give proper time to take care of your nails.
The skin of your feet needs to be exfoliated like skin of face and other body parts. You can use different types of scrubs available in market. You can also use homemade scrubs for your feet care and you will realize that homemade beauty products are also good as the commercial products. Here is a set of instructions to make and use homemade scrub for your feet care. Read my foot soak and foot scrub recipes shared below:
Foot Soak Recipe
- Half cup of sea salt
- 3 slices of lime
- 5-10 mint leaves
- Few drops of essential lime oil. You can take 5-7 drops
Combine all these ingredients and add them in a bowl filled with warm water. Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes.
Foot Scrub Recipe
- Three limes
- 2 tbsp of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of sweet almond oil
- 15 fresh mint leaves (It will be better to chop them)
- 5-7 drops of lime essential oil
Cut the limes into small pieces and pulse these small lime pieces into a thick pulp in food processor. Mix this thick pulp of lime with all other ingredients in a bowl.
Apply this homemade feet scrub after soaking your feet in homemade feet soak. Apply this scrub in circular movements. Remove the scrub with warm water through massage with a warm damp towel. Apply a mint moisturizer to keep your feet skin fresh.
Vaseline is very less costly item but can be used in a variety of ways. Here is useful information about multiple uses of Vaseline in beauty routine.
You can make your fragrance last long by simply applying some Vaseline on your wrist, neck or area where you want to spray your perfume or body spray.
To Tame Your Eyebrows
You can use Vaseline to help your eyebrows in place. Apply small amount of Vaseline over your brows to set them in place.
You can use Vaseline to make your lips look nice and soft. You just need to apply generous amount of Vaseline on your lips before sleeping.
Protect Hair from Hair Dye
Start by applying Vaseline on your hair line if you are going to dye your hair at home. It will prevent any color from developing on your skin.
Apply a coat of Vaseline on your feet and wear socks for whole night to get smooth and soft feet. You can also apply it in day right after bath for quick results. It absorbs in skin and makes it soft.
For Growth of Eyelashes
It will be good to apply a coat of Vaseline on your lashes to enhance growth of your eyelashes.
As Makeup Remover
You can also use Vaseline as best makeup remover. Smear some Vaseline on a cloth and wipe your makeup off. It also works best to remove false eyelashes glue from your eyes.
People use toy go to beauty saloons for facial or skin care treatments and use skin care products for face and hands beauty. Many people ignore hands care and concentrate on caring their facial skin. They are at fault. Having rough hands create a very bad image that is quite embarrassing. All beauty conscious people should pay equal attention to their hands and face. Here is recipe of homemade hand scrub that is best for hands care:
- Take white oats – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 tbsp
Procedure: Take water and oats in a glass vessel. Boil the mixture the water in the vessel evaporates. Make it sure that oats are not burnt. Put these boiled oats in a bowl. Add other ingredients milk and honey in oats and mix them well to make a paste.
Application of Scrub:
- Wash your hands with mild soap.
- Use a soft towel to pat dry your hands.
- Apply scrub on your hands including fingers.
- Let the scrub stay on your hands for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off the hand scrub with lukewarm water.
- Again use soft towel to pat your hands dry.
- Take some moisturizer in your palm and massage it into your hands skin making rotational movements.
- Use this scrub twice a week for best results.
- Don’t use this scrub if you have some allergic problems from any of these ingredients.
Condition of your hands depends on time you give to your hands. Usually manual workers and housewives don’t give proper time to their hands. Direct exposure to all weather effects including temperature, climate, frequent wetting, and dealing with harsh chemicals and overwork routine affects beauty of your hands. You should develop a habit to give frequent manicure to your hands at least once a week. Proper care of your hands will help your hand to combat annoying problems including chipping, splitting, peeling and cracking. To learn proper method of manicure at home follow the link mentioned here “Manicure at Home”.
Here is a collection of great tips to take proper care of hands. Adopt these tips and methods and make habit to treat your hands with much care once a week.
Hands massage costs nothing. To stimulate blood circulation in your hands, rub your palm of one hand to back of other hand and then repeat this treatment with other hand. This movement of your hands is best to keep your hands warm.
Get Silky and Soft Hands
Lavish on your hands before you go to bed with Vaseline or any moisturizing cream. Wear a pair of gloves for better effects. You will get up with incredibly soft hands in morning.
- Apply olive oil or coconut oil on your hands.
- Apply mixture of cucumber juice and glycerin on your hands.
- Mix equal quantities of lime juice and olive oil and apply on your hands.
- Take tomato juice, glycerin and lime juice in equal proportions and apply this paste on your hands every night.
- Massage your hands with mixture of orange juice and honey.
- Mix 1 tsp glycerin, 1 tsp lemon juice and 5 drops of rose water and apply the mixture on your hands in daily routine.
- Soak your hands in warm olive oil and massage your hand with olive oil.
- Wear gloves while working in laundry, kitchen and garden and give proper time to your hands.
- Moisturize your hands at least four times a day.
- To treat rough hands, take 1 tsp of sugar and lemon juice. Rub the palms till sugar dissolves in movement like washing your hands.
Getting shiny nails and beautiful hands like celebrities is not a dream and it is not screen beauty. Beautiful hands can be achieved by getting your hands manicured from a beauty salon. Going to beauty salon is also not necessary as you can do manicure at your home yourself. Here are very useful tips to do manicure at home. These tips are shared by professional beauticians and always result best. Read this further and follow the instructions:
First of all have a look of all nails grooming tools that you will need during manicure.
- Nail filer
- Cuticle Trimmer
- Nail Polish Remover
- Cotton Balls
- Cuticle Oil with Vitamin E
- Transparent Nail Polish
- Hand Lotion
Your nails must be well groomed for these types of treatments. If you have rough or broken nails then you need to do a lot for their grooming first of all. Spend some time using cuticle oil. Avoid nail biting.
After taking proper care of your hands you will be ready for manicure. Start doing manicure by washing your hands with soapy lukewarm water. Use wooden cuticle stick to push the cuticles back. Do it very gently. Do massage on cuticles with cotton balls while pushing them back. Wipe excess nail off before polishing. For perfect polished look, first of all apply base coat. After drying it, apply two coats of polish and give suitable time between two coats to dry. Be very careful for your nails for approximately one hour after applying nail polish.
Whenever you want to remove nail polish, always use non-acetone remover. Wash your hands thoroughly after using nail polish remover and apply some lotion for moisture.
For hands skin care you should take some lukewarm water and add half cup of milk in a bowl and soak your hands in that solution for half an hour to get soft touch.