The normal cycle of hair growth lasts for 2 to 3 years. It is reported that each hair grows I centimeter per month during this growth period. It is very common to shed few hairs each day as a part of hair growth cycle but some people experience problem of excessive hair fall. This problem is seen in men, women and children. Here is information about common causes of hair fall:
Numbers of things are there that can cause excessive hair fall for instance this problem may start after illness or major surgery. You can suddenly lose a large amount of hair. This hair fall is usually temporary and is related to stress of illness.
Hormonal changes also cause hair fall problem. If your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, you may experience hair fall problem. This problem can be controlled by treatment of thyroid disease. Hair fall may also occur if male or females’ hormones go out of order. You can stop hair fall by correcting disorder of your hormones.
It is seen that many women experience this problem about 3 months after they have baby. This hair fall is also type of hormonal problem. High level of certain hormones during pregnancy cause the body to keep holding the hairs that would fall normally. When their hormones return to their levels as they were before pregnancy those hairs fall out and normal hair fall and growth cycle starts again.
Some medicines can also be the cause of this problem. This type of hair fall can be stopped when you reduce or stop using that medicine. Most common medicines that can cause hair fall include blood thinners, medicines for gout, use for high blood pressure or heart problems, birth control pills or vitamin A.
Some sort of infections also cause hair fall problem. These infections may include fungal infection. This infection is most commonly seen in children. This disease can be treated with anti-fungal medicines. Hair fall may also cause due to underlying diseases like lupus or diabetes. Hair fall can be early sign of any serious disease. You should consult expert professionals to get your problem resolved before it gets serious.
Having oily/greasy hair is a very common problem. Mostly people apply more and more shampoo to get rid of oily hair but it is very harmful for hair. Here are some special tips for people suffering from this problem. These tips will surely help them all to make their greasy hair normal or reduce the oil.
- You can use baby shampoo or a mild shampoo to cure oily hair.
- Wash oily/greasy hair on daily basis but avoid using high pH shampoo.
- Dilute your shampoo before applying by mixing some water into it.
- Always wash your hair with cool water. You can also rinse you hair with lukewarm water.
- If your hair are very oily then don’t use any conditioner.
- Avoid using shiny hair products or gels etc.
- If you have extremely greasy hair, vinegar rinse will be better for you. Take one part vinegar and 4 parts water, mix and rinse on your hair to cure greasy hair.
- Don’t brush your hair too much as extra brushing will cause more oil.
- You can also use lemon juice diluted with water as vinegar rinse for extremely greasy/oily hair.
- Make a mixture of tea water, lemon juice and henna and apply this mixture on you hair. Leave it for two hours and rinse it off.
Many men are still not conscious for their skin care and damage their skin. They have a wrong concept that all skin care products in market are made for women. Most of men have a common thought that they don’t need fancy soaps to get clean and they use same soap to wash their face and body. People having this thinking often have dry and rough skin that needs to be maintained. Here are some useful tips for men’s skin care that will bring dramatic changes in skin that is irritated by shaving.
The first step to sooth irritating skin is cleansing. Don’t wash your face with same anti-bacterial soap that is used on body. These soaps are very harsh and can dry out the skin. You are advised to select more gentile face washes. Do circular finger movements on your face while washing. Select soaps or face washes containing glycolic acid.
Glycolic acid helps to remove dead skin cells and make your skin soft for shaving. Men should use some moisturizing cosmetics in routine to keep their soft. You are advised to look for moisturizer containing aloe Vera and Vitamin E that will work best to prevent razor bumps. Make sure to inquire that the moisturizer you are thinking to use is non-comedogenic that means the formula would not clog the pores of your skin.
Shaving on daily basis can cause regular cycle of irritation so you are advised to limit your shaving after everyday. It will be good to shave after shower and best after having warm shower because pores will open and it will be easy to remove hair from skin and hence you will get fresher skin after shave. Moisturizer should also be applied as aftershave. You can also purchase special products to be used after shave. Select moisturizers having sun protection. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin in fresh tone.
Main cosmetic problem affects eyes that are puffy or baggy eyes. Both terms are used interchangeably but they are different because puffy eyes are easily curable than eye bags. Baggy eyes can only be treated with surgical treatments. This discussion will focus on causes of puffy eyes. There are several causes of puffy eyes and some of these causes are environmental but not all. Puffy eyes or watery eyes are basically symptoms of common eye allergic problems. Some research study links puffy eyes to genetic or heredity factors. Here is a list of causes that are stated to be causes of puffy eyes.
You should view this list and avoid factors that cause puffiness in eyes:
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive crying and shedding tears
- Much intake of sodium and salt
- Physical stress
- Emotional stress
- Building of toxins and wastes in body
- Post operation or surgical recovery
- Heredity predisposition
- Reactions of dermatitis
- Over consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Irritating contact lenses
- Body fluid fluctuations due to hormonal changes
- Changes in weather or temperature
- Sinus problems
- Water retention
- Complications from medications
- Sleeping with head elevated slightly
Everyone should know general causes of puffiness in eyes.
If you want to get a new look by giving changed color to your hair, you should be very careful in selection and application of hair color. Here is a set of instructions for you that must be considered while coloring your hair:
Consult Your Colorist
Have a clear idea of your color you want for your hair before you go to saloon. Remember don’t leave all decisions up to your hair. Conduct some research and ask your friends who color their hairs for what color will complement your personality.
Follow Trends in Colors
You can adopt anything for your hair you want but there are always some recent trends having worth around you. It will be good to get knowledge of prevailing trends and following the latest one.
Basics of Hair Colors
You should know basic color wheel to make best selection for your hairs. Very important aspect of selecting hair color is to determine condition of hairs. Make sure to use quality hair colors that will not damage your hairs and last long as many colors last till one wash.
Don’t make it a habit to color your hair in routine as it will damage your hair. Make sure not to use hair colors and other chemicals during pregnancy.
Here is a set of precautions that must be kept in mind while thinking of coloring your hair:
- Apply hair color when your hairs are totally dry as color on damp or wet hair will dilute very soon.
- If you want to apply light hair color this time but your present hair color is dark then make sure to use a color remover to get exact results you want.
- Don’t perm or straighten your hair after coloring for several weeks to maintain their health.
- Shampoo your hair properly and condition them before you apply hair color.
Follow the above mentioned tips before coloring your hair.